Tuesday, 19 July 2011

The Beginning: Foundation Year 2006

I have always been a maker but never considered myself an artist. I went to art school in 2003 as a mature student and loved it - i was like a sponge learning all i could in whatever area of art that i could get into.

When i started my Foundation year in 2004, which i had to defer and didnt finish until 2006, i knew i wanted to do a Degree in Fine Art.

Our theme for the foundation year was "A Sense of Place" - i chose my bed; reasons being because of my health i had led a lot of my life on my bed for the last few years. I did not want to do a copy of Emin's bed so looked at other ways of presenting my work on this theme.





A series of images representing the miscarriages.


From two series representing a violent sexual assault that happened on my bed. Because of this experience my project became split between the active and discarded bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment